Chief Aviation Ground Instructor
The Chief Aviation Ground Instructor position is responsible for ensuring smooth training programs delivery with the objective of high-quality service delivery within the limits of academy operating manual and company policies.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Supervise and manage the instructors to ensure optimum utilization of resources and timely and efficient achievement of training objectives
- Ensure that the course standard, training requirements and objectives are met as stipulated in the applicable training course outline.
- Ensure Instructors are adequately trained and have the appropriate course material
- Assign and schedule instructors for class programs.
- Design classroom and on the job training for tailored/customized courses to meet air carrier training requirements.
- Regularly monitor instructor’s performance and ensure classes and examinations are conducted on schedule.
- Ensure that the instructor completes all paperwork, including completion of the students’ final course grades.
- Develop new and update existing curriculum and courseware as per the requirements.
- Liaise with GACA in relation to the training programs.
- Serve as replacement instructor as and when required.
- Manage, supervise and delegate Training projects.
- Mentor and coach team to enable them to reach their potential.
- Create succession plans to allow business continuity.
- Lead, direct, evaluate, and develop a team;
- Manage schedule and attendance.
- Conduct performance reviews, identify training needs, handle disciplinary issues, resolve employee’s grievances, advise subordinates on career planning, develop ways to appreciate top performers.
Position Requirements & Attributes:
- MINIMUM EDUCATION / CERTIFICATIONS: Certified Aviation Instructor
- MINIMUM RELEVANT EXPERIENCE: Minimum eight (8) years of related work experience
- Must possess the following skills and attributes.
- Planning and Organizing skills
- Communication & Inter-personal skills
- Decision-Making skills
- Essential hands-on Computer skills
- Ability to work under pressure